NOTE: The findings reported on this page are from early phase studies (Phases 1 and 2). These findings were used to justify going on to conduct the large Phase 3 studies required by the FDA before allowing a vaccine to be used in the United States. We only show studies that have led to Phase 3 studies.
- Safety and Immunogenicity of Two RNA-Based Covid-19 Vaccine Candidates. Authors: Published in the New England Journal of Medicine on OCT-14-2020.
- Phase I/II study of COVID-19 RNA vaccine BNT162b1 in adults.
Moderna (BARDS, NIAID)
An mRNA Vaccine against SARS-CoV-2 – Preliminary Report. Authors: Published in the New England Journal of Medicine on NOV-12-2020.
Novavax (United States Department of Health and Human Services)
- NVX-CoV2373 vaccine protects cynomolgus macaque upper and lower airways against SARS-CoV-2 challenge.
CanSino Biologics (Beijing Institute of Biotechnology)
- Safety, tolerability, and immunogenicity of a recombinant adenovirus type-5 vectored COVID-19 vaccine: a dose-escalation, open-label, non-randomised, first-in-human trial. Authors: Zhu FC, Li YH, Guan XH, Hou LH, Wang WJ, Li JX, Wu SP, Wang
BS, Wang Z, Wang L, Jia SY, Jiang HD, Wang L, Jiang T, Hu Y, Gou JB, Xu SB, Xu JJ, Wang XW, Wang W, Chen W. Published in Lancet on JUN-13-2020.
Gamaleya Research Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Health Ministry of the Russian Federation
- Safety and immunogenicity of an rAd26 and rAd5 vector-based heterologous prime-boost COVID-19 vaccine in two formulations: two open, non-randomised phase 1/2 studies from Russia. Authors: Logunov DY, Dolzhikova IV, Zubkova OV, Tukhvatullin AI, Shcheblyakov DV, Dzharullaeva AS, Grousova DM, Erokhova AS, Kovyrshina AV, Botikov AG, Izhaeva FM, Popova O, Ozharovskaya TA, Esmagambetov IB, Favorskaya IA, Zrelkin DI, Voronina DV, Shcherbinin DN, Semikhin AS, Simakova YV, Tokarskaya EA, Lubenets NL, Egorova DA, Shmarov MM, Nikitenko NA, Morozova LF, Smolyarchuk EA, Kryukov EV, Babira VF, Borisevich SV, Naroditsky BS, Gintsburg AL. Published in Lancet on SEP-26-2020.